How to update SCATT Firmware / directions July 18, 2016 19:37
Sometimes when you transfer your SCATT to a new computer with a newer operating system the SCATT requires you to update your firmware. The update itself is a simple process, but, you MUST follow these directions to ensure proper system operation:
1. Download the latest the firmware version (ver. 35 here):
2. Disconnect all SCATT components from your PC and close all SCATT related apps.
3. Plug in only your optical sensor only, the remaining components should be unplugged at this point. Then run the firmware update file. It will tell you your current firmware version and whether it is possible to update it. If yes, press update and wait for the process to finish. In the end, you should see "Success".
4. After updating the optical sensor unplug it and plug in only the target control unit, repeat the same updating process as with the sensor.
5. Lastly, update the target frame through the control unit box (the optical sensor must be disconnected when updating the target control unit and the target frame).
You have to update the devices one by one only!
Please keep in mind that the firmware should not be updated if your system works fine and unless you are directed to do so by the software or by the SCATT customer service.