SCATT Firmware Update directions July 18, 2016 19:37
After installing the latest SCATT Professional software (ver. 6.80 and newer) some users were required to update the firmware on their SCATT devices. The update itself is a simple process, but, you MUST follow these directions to ensure proper system operation:
1. You can find the latest the firmware version here:
2. Update via USB 2.0 only (not 3.0)
3. It is better to update the firmware PCs running on Win XP, Vista or Win 7.
4. You have to update the devices one by one only!
- First, unplug all SCATT devices and plug in only the optical sensor. Then run the update for the optical sensor only.
- After updating the optical sensor unplug it and plug in only the target control unit, repeat the same updating process.
- Lastly update the target frame through the control unit box (the optical sensor must be disconnected when updating the target control unit and the target frame).
Please keep in mind that the firmware should not be updated if your system works fine and unless you are directed to do so by the software or by the SCATT customer service.